Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Present for a new born
Making a present for a newborn baby is challenging:
- he/she grows fast, you want something that can keep up and not out dated in couple of days
- it needs to be safe
- he/she should enjoy it.
- the parents needs to enjoy it too
I had many ideas, and eventually settled on wooden letter blocks that spell out the name.
- the letters are cut from a piece of Walnut, and all finish are natural oil/wax, so it's safe.
- the wood grain runs through the letter to give a hint of ordering.
- the letter can be re-arranged, so it can be played with
- after the kids out grown it, it can be hanged on the wall like a picture
- it's simple to make
After I made it, my 5yo daughter really likes it, so I guess I'll need to make one for her :)
Emma loves doing crafts, and tape if a tool she use a lot. I always want to make a cute tape holder for her. I prototyped with some ...
For even basic woodworking, you need flat/true lumber to begin with, for that you need a planer and jointer, either a hand one or powere...
UPDATE: I've since upgraded the tool rest system , and was really happy about the upgrade. I have at least 4 grinder/sander on my...
I try to be as objective as possible in this review, try to separate fact from personal opinion, so you can make your own judgment. There is...