- double as a miter saw station support on both sides
- can see all the tools
- prefer drawer to maximize storage
- modular design, easy to change or upgrade.
- off the floor, easy to sweep/vacuum
- cheap to build
- looks nice
I found Ron Paulk's moduler design to be really good use of space. I based on his design, here's some highlights of the tool storage/miter saw station:
- all cabinets are made of 3/4 white birch ply
- there're two depth on the upper cabinet, so the deeper cubby can store bigger tools, and the shallower cubby doesn't bump your head.
- all the drawers on the lower cabinet are the same size, so they can be swapped. (except the drawer on the right most side, they are different width.)
- drawers run on the dado on the cabinet
To my surprise, it only took me a weekend to finish the cabinet, it showed how easy the construction is.
Here's how it's built: